Monday, May 16, 2011

What an Angel!

I love a nice hearty slice of angel food cake with fresh fruit plopped on top. For this recipe I wanted to see if I could add a fun flavor into the cake. I had some dehydrated mangoes from Trader Joes and I ground those pups up and added the powder to the dry ingredients for the cake. It smelled awesome when it was baking and I was feeling excited about this experiment. The cake came out really nice, light and fluffy, but the mango flavor was subtle. Maybe I should have added more? I was worried about the sweetness factor of the mangoes and how I would reduce the sugar to balance it out. Next time I will see what happens.

I topped my slice with fresh mangoes and strawberries and it was lovely. Angel food cake is fat free, so I can eat the whole thing... and I will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment