Monday, July 9, 2012

Cookies and Cupcakies for the 4th




With the 4th falling in the middle of the week, we only had that one day off from work. My Eddie and I made the most of it however by visiting family, having a cookout, watching a small town parade, wearing color coordinated patriotic outfits,  and making some celebratory sweets for America. 

I made a collection of  good old red, white and blue cookies in classic star shapes, summer time ice-cream cones, crinkle hearts, small dogs and a firework filled fluted circle. The cookie flavor was a fresh lemon, lime, and vanilla combination. Yay Independence!

This one is my beloved's favorite.











 I also made some summertime pie cookies, similar to the pies I made for Thanksgiving. I think they are super cute and fun to make. I did a key lime, lemon meringue and summer berry pie assortment.





 I had to sample one, you know, for science.

A festive collection!
In addition to the cookies, I made two kinds of cupcakes because I like to spazz out on holidays and provide a lot of variety. I made a red,white, and blue velvet cupcake with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream frosting and a fondant pinwheel topper. 




Naked!
 The innards 

Cupcake #2 was a dark chocolate cupcake with a chocolate cream cheese filling, strawberry Swiss meringue butter cream frosting, and a fondant fireworks-flower topper.



 A lovely with a heart of chocolate


 A new segment of the blog is entitled:  What did Ed come up with when I got stumped or Sweet Eddies. This time he provided me the wikipedia link to the song Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean. He said to picture someone marching..."three cheers for the red, white, and blue." What a doll. :) Also he provided me an article on How Mary won Abe Lincoln over with Cake. Apparently it was a vanilla almond cake. Yum.  Thanks Ed! He is the best.
Sage approves!

Happy 4th of July and Happy Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment