Sunday, May 1, 2011

Fire Engine Red



Happy 2nd Birthday to a sweet little boy!
I had the pleasure of making 60 cupcakes and 24 cookies in fire engine red and bright yellow colors. It was a lot of work and a lot of red gel coloring, but it was fun and I hope all the treats were enjoyed.

The cookies were individually bagged and tied with ribbons. I kept the designs simple with mostly dots and swirls so that the colors would really stand out.




For the cupcakes I did chocolate cake with bright red vanilla buttercream and yellow sprinkles.



I also did a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting and red/yellow sprinkles.



 60 cupcakes felt like a daunting task, but it was good experience for my sister's wedding in the fall (potentially 100 cuppys and a two tiered cake!) Fortunately I got some bakery boxes with cupcake inserts to transport these sweeties. I have had way too many anxiety filled cupcake transportation moments in the past. The boxes made life so much easier.





My fingers might be permanently tinted red.

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to THANK YOU for all your hard work for A's birthday party! Everyone was raving about the cupcakes and all your business cards were snatched up!

    The cupcakes were outstanding. Really delicious and so moist. I will post pictures of A and all his cutie friends with red frosting all over their faces...so cute :)

    Thank you so much! The cupcakes and cookies were such a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie!! I am so glad that everyone liked them. Thank you for letting me be a part of the special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were really delicious! I've never had a better cupcake. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete