Monday, December 19, 2011

'Tis the season

Time is flying by this year. My life is full of love, amazing changes, and lots of sugar. I am a happy girl. :)
One thing I am lacking though is the time to blog. My New Year's resolution will be to take better pictures of my sweets and get them on the interwebs... and to exercise more, do good deeds, save money, make a baking life plan, live, laugh, love...

Hanukkah and Christmas are nearly here and I have so many treats in the works. Last night I baked 100+ assorted holiday shaped sugar cookies and they are just waiting for me to bring them to life with royal icing. (I have some late nights ahead of me!) Also on the potential horizon are fudge, macarons, matzoh crunch, challah, lemon curd, chocolate fudge cookies, cake, cupcakes, and oatmeal raisin cookies for my #1 Dad. Oy vey, hooray!

For now I will share some other items that I made for Thanksgiving.

In lieu of classic pies this year, I made mini cookie pies instead. These made me so happy. They turned out just as I hoped they would. The cookie itself was my standard cookie dough recipe with nutmeg added in for a little holiday kick. The baby pies were about 2 inches in diameter and super cute.

Cherry Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Blueberry Pie
Chocolate Cream Pie
Turkey Pie (ha)


I got a new mini cheesecake pan and it is quite awesome. It has removable bottoms and the cakes slide out so easily. I made these pumpkin cheesecakes for Thanksgiving.
mmm handsome ;)
I would say that my signature color is definitely a crisp teal blue and so I had to have this little plate. Here my plate is showing off a gingerbread cupcake with whipped cream cheese frosting and a candied pecan on top.
Or a mini version with a drop of candied ginger on top.
Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment