Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mustachioed

Oy vey, where have I been? Just living, loving, laughing and of course baking as well. I have been making plenty of sweets and snapping photos when I can, but I guess I had a bit of blogger's block. I will try not to slack so hard anymore, especially since it is fall and I love fall sweets. I already have some cookie plans for pumpkins, spider webs, eye balls...oh the possibilities!

So here is a little taste of a treat I made a while back when I was briefly obsessed with mustaches. (Who am I kidding, I still love them!) My home girl, Pickle, and I took some rad photos with wax mustaches. We have fun. I thought it would also be fun to make some cookie staches and pop them on lollipop sticks. I did a pumpkin spice blend sugar cookie that I hand cut since I didn't have a mustache cutter. I whipped up some royal icing and tinted it for blondes, brunettes and gingers. I kept the decorating simple, but I think they were pretty cute.


                                 
Krystal and Adam were my first models.

I brought some to work and traded a cookie for a photo. The cool kids played along. :)



My friend brought one home for his sweet little girl. Adorable. :)

Along with mustaches, I clearly have a deep obsession with the instagram app and its cool photo filters on my iphone.

More sweets for my sweets to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment