Thursday, August 29, 2013

What a Hoot of a Baby Shower!

My Sweet Little Sister loves owls, so naturally her baby shower was covered in them.  She is having a girl who will be named Daisy. Baby Daisy will love owls too, or at least she will be surrounded by them since a lot of her gifts were owl related. There are some really cute outfits out there with owls on them. I should incorporate more owls into my wardrobe.

We had owl sweets, owl fruit salad, owl rubber duckies, and owl decorations scattered everywhere...it was a hoot! Even my Sweet Eddie got in on the owl baby bingo!

For the sweet treats, I focused on the owl theme but also incorporated daisies, for my future niece.
I made large onesie cookie favors for all of the lovely guests. Sweet pink owls perched on a branch with a daisy, I love them.



I felt the urge to try out all of my baby themed cookie cutters to make a platter of cookies for the celebration.



Tiny baby onesies make me happy



A sweet baby Daisy face
And of course, there were more owls





We also had an assortment of mini cupcakes in raspberry with coconut frosting and lemon with lime frosting flavors. The lemon had teeny owl fondant toppers. My sister loves cupcakes in ice cream cones, so we had ice cream cone chocolate cake balls. Those mini ice cream cones have changed my life. It is the perfect size for just a sample of ice cream and an awesome way to serve cake balls.
Finally, I made a cake. It was a raspberry and lemon checkerboard cake with coconut swiss meringue frosting. The owl on top was a rice krispie treat with homemade fondant covering. Ooh la la.

Congratulations to the beautiful couple! They are going to be amazing parents. 


 I am so excited to be an aunt and meet baby Daisy, because as we all know I have baby fever.  I think it is contagious, because all of a sudden my Sweet Eddie has the fever as well. It was probably from all the time that he spent with this little bundle of cuteness at the party.
Oy Vey. I think my ovaries exploded.

Happy Baby Shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment