Monday, October 28, 2013

Creature Features 2

Halloween is only 3 days away! Pumpkins are carved, the Salem streets are jam packed with people in costume,  an abundant bowl of peanut butter pumpkins are tormenting me,  and my Sweet Eddie is making me watch scary movies.  I will watch scary movies, but I will not like it. If I think too much about movies like Poltergeist or The Ring,  which I watched ages ago,  I still get freaked out.  I will make Sweet Eddie walk me to the bathroom and turn on all the lights, check under the bed and in the closet... it is all perfectly normal for an adult woman.
The other night we watched The Conjuring. In my attempts to not be totally terrified and my hope to be able to sleep that night,  I focused my attention away from the horror and onto the more amusing things like the music (yay Dead Man's Bones,) Ron Livingstone's complete lack of emotion, and Vera Farmiga's gorgeous ruffled collar dresses. It worked. I think Sweet Eddie was more scared than I was.  He loves it though.

Last Halloween I made some classic movie monster cookies in Creature Features. This year I branched out to a variety of scary Halloween movies and other films that feature creepy characters.  

Look into their eyes and face your fears!


Billy the Puppet - Saw
 Pinhead - Hellraiser

Pennywise the Dancing Clown - It

Pale Man - Pan's Labyrinth

Dr. Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs

Chucky - Child's Play

Heidi - The Lords of Salem

Jason Vorhees - Friday the 13th

Freddy Krueger - A Nightmare on Elm Street

Captain Spaulding - House of 1000 Corpses
Turning a bunch of creeps into sugary treats makes them so much sweeter. 
At least that is what I will tell myself, so I don't get scared. 

Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment