Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Pumpkins

October is a busy month, especially when you live in Salem, MA. The streets are full of people in a variety of costumes and the traffic is crazy, but it is still a really special and fun place to be. I love the crispness of the air, the smell of cinnamon and cider,  the enthusiasm for decorations, and all of the pumpkins in every form. October is also a big birthday month in my world. Both my older sister and my sweet Eddie were born in this lovely month. Their birthdays are just one day apart so we had a combined celebration for them. I dedicate this post and all the pumpkins in it to my pumpkins, Krystal and Eddie.


 I made pumpkin cookies in chocolate, pumpkin, and vanilla -orange flavors. I love the shape and texture of the pumpkin and I can't resist putting the curly stems on them.



 Even Buffy likes to take a peek at the pumpkin cookies.
Krystal is the mother (owner/friend) of Sage, who has made a few appearances on this blog. Krystal is an amazing musician, music therapist and teacher. She loves elephants and red velvet cake, so I made her a collection of cookies and a little cake for her celebration.



My Sweet Eddie is definitely a lover of all things pumpkin. His birthday request was for pumpkin pie instead of cake, so I made him a real pie and pie shaped cookies.




In addition to pumpkin, Eddie loves Elsa Lanchester in her iconic role as The Bride of Frankenstein. Not only did he get some cookies in her image (thanks to Pink Little Cake for the inspiration and template), he also got a framed print of the lovely lady.




 Happy Birthday to Krystal and Eddie and all of the other October babies. Happy Pumpkins!










2 comments:

  1. These are cute!! I LOVE your pumpkin pie cookies!! And my favorite cookie is definitely the pumpkin with the polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love all that you do. Your blog makes me happy :)

      Delete