Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yoga Graduation Cookies

In June I completed my 200 hour yoga teacher training with the Yoga of Energy Flow practice. It was a ten month journey with amazing teachers and a wonderful group of talented and supportive students. I developed in my own yoga practice and learned how to take what I learned and share it with my future students. It was amazing to teach an hour to the group to finish my training. I was so nervous, but I had a great time with it and I think I created a fun and satisfying class.  Now I am a registered yoga teacher and I hope to find students and a class soon.

On our final day of the training we had a graduation ceremony and a food filled celebration.  I whipped up a few cookies to share with the group.  I used my Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutters to make the large yoga pose cookies. The cutters are so much fun to work with and they come in five different yoga poses. Essential for a yoga lover!  I also made some simple poses on smaller cookies, as well as the Om symbol and a few lotus flowers.

"The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life. " - B.K.S. Iyengar
 

"Om is not just a sound or vibration. It is not just a symbol. It is the entire cosmos, whatever we can see, touch, hear and feel. Moreover, it is all that is within our perception and all that is beyond our perception. It is the core of our very existence." - Amit Ray

"The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind. " - Rodney Yee

Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu
"May all beings everywhere be happy and free. May the thoughts and actions of our lives contribute to that happiness and to that freedom for all."


Om Shanti Shanti Shanti. Namaste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment