Friday, May 24, 2013

My Wedding Cookies

We did it! My Sweet Eddie and I got married on May 18th in a beautiful and intimate Jewish ceremony. It was a happy day and the start of the greatest journey of my life. I feel so lucky to have married such a wonderful, thoughtful, caring and loving man. He wrote an amazingly beautiful poem about our love and read it at the ceremony. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Since it was a small celebration, I couldn't resist the urge to make all of the sweets. But even if it was a huge crowd, I still would have done it. I can't  help myself.

For the cookies I focused on our colors of blue and yellow (Long live Sweden!)
This is a love poem by the poet Rumi. I think it is just beautiful.

Our simple, yet sweet, invitation.

We love birch trees, so I had to incorporate them into our designs. They are so pretty and gentle.

This is us. Sweet Eddie looked so handsome in his gray suit. And I wore some flashy blue heels.
I love blue and yellow flowers. My mom got me a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses and blue hydrangea. It was perfect. 
For the favors, I made little yellow love birds on a birch tree branch.

In addition to the cookies I made a vanilla bean cake with nutella filling, mini carrot cupcakes, mini red velvet cupcakes, mini lemon meringue pies and mini chocolate chip cookie sandwiches. I love to go overboard. Unfortunately I didn't get shots of the display of desserts until later in the evening, but here is a little idea of all the sugary goodness.

It was a very special day.  I am so thankful to our family and friends for their support and love.
And a big thank you to my new husband for letting me constantly take over our apartment with cookie cutters, piping bags, and piles of sugar. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment