Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cookies for the Troops 2

I am so happy to be a part of another round of Operation Cookie Takeover!  Last spring more than 10,000 cookies were baked, donated, and shipped to Afghanistan for distribution to our brave and noble troops. For that first round I made patriotic themed cookies.  This time it is all about the Halloween season!  Also for this round, instead of a mass distribution of cookies, each volunteer was given the name of an individual to send our cookies to for them to enjoy and share with friends and coworkers.  I love Halloween and I love the opportunity to show my support for the courageous men and women who defend our Country.

In my first post for Cookie Takeover, I talked a lot about my father-in-law who served bravely in Vietnam.  Just this September, Dad passed away. He was a wonderful, generous, loving, funny man. Although I only got to know him for the last few years of his life,  I hear his stories and jokes, and see his spirit live on through his amazing son, my husband. I am so lucky and proud to be a part of this family.

To represent the fun and spirit of Halloween, I made some classic designs, but I couldn't resist making some cute cookies as well.

Candy Corn!
Jack-o-lanterns!
Owls!
Spooky Trees!

Bride of Frankenstein!
And how could I resist:  Halloween Hello Kitty!
Pumpkin Hello Kitty!
Witch Hello Kitty!
Devil Hello Kitty!
Spider Hello Kitty!
Bride of Frankenstein Hello Kitty!
Vampire Hello Kitty!
A Happy Halloween Collection


I hope these cookies provide some smiles and reflect my gratitude. 

As I ship these cookies off to a hero currently defending our Country overseas, I also dedicate them to my hero,  my father-in-law, Edward J. Ekstrom.  May he rest in peace. We love you, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful cookies and the sentiments behind them are even more fabulous! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete