Monday, June 17, 2013

A Sweet Mini Moon

It has been one month since I married my wonderful Sweet Eddie.  Not much has really changed since we already were spending every moment together in love, but there are definitely special aspects to being married that I love.  I love introducing him as my husband; I love seeing my new name on mail and documents;  I love that we are both wearing rings; and I love knowing that I have someone in my life who will always support and love me, no matter how many late night cookie decorating melt downs that I have.  It is a beautiful life.

After our wedding, we decided to take a mini-moon to the lovely state of Vermont. We love the woods, nature, animals, serenity and we found the perfect spot to enjoy it all. We stayed at the Robert Frost Mountain Cabins in Ripton, VT.   Marty and Carol, the owners of this amazing property, have built gorgeous furnished cabins in the heart of the Green Mountain National Forrest. They have rustic charm with modern amenities. It was really the perfect getaway for us, so I had to honor it with a set of mini-moon cookies to always remember the few days that we spent there.


There were beautiful lush trees everywhere, including our beloved birch trees.
The Cabins were lovely, private and picturesque. We enjoyed making dinner each night and sitting out on the screened porch. 
 
There were two dogs living on the property:  Little Tessa and her son Merlin.

Of course my Sweet Eddie fell in love with the dogs. They were beautiful and friendly and he was so happy to run in the grass with them.

We visited the UVM Morgan Horse Farm. 
We took a tour and got to spend some time with the beautiful Morgan horses.
And Sweet Eddie fell in love with all of the horses. This baby gave him a smooch. He has a way with animals.
We walked a trail through the forrest, with shoes that were not meant for muddy trail paths. We briefly got lost but we saw some vibrant orange newts along our path and eventually found our way. Fortunately Sweet Eddie was not compelled to hug these critters.

It was so lovely to wake up and spend our days with so much beauty around us.
It was the perfect mini-moon to celebrate our happiness and the start of our great adventure as a married couple.


And every moment I fell more in love with this amazing man.













No comments:

Post a Comment