Saturday, March 16, 2013

Luck O' The Cookie

Although my name is Bridget, I am not Irish, so St. Patrick's Day for me means making some cute cookies and attempting to cook a vegetarian boiled dinner for my Sweet Eddie. Stay tuned for updates. Also, I got a fancy big girl camera and this is it's maiden voyage. Brace yourselves for a lot of photos. :)

 For this batch I focused on classic St. Patty's themes like clovers, pots-o-gold, leprechauns, unicorns, and  big ginger mustaches.

Without the artistic talents of Sweet Eddie, I never would have been able to envision how to use the leprechaun cutter (Eddie truly is the best!).  I made a Leprechaun trio and envisioned them as an accapella group named: The Rainbow Connection or Gold Watch or the Ginger Beard Singers...

  I really like these fellas. Each guy wanted to express his personal style with his pants.
Seamus
 Liam
Anton

 A classic stand off!



I have been feeling pretty lucky these days. I have the love and support of a wonderful man who doesn't mind that I take over the dinning room with my cookie cutters and piping bags. And even when I'm covered in confectioners sugar or royal icing, he still thinks I'm pretty.  I am a lucky girl and very grateful.
In addition to March 17th being St. Patrick's Day it is also the wedding anniversary of my parents.
 They are a real life Barbie and Ken and after 39 years of marriage they are still in love! :)


 Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Anniversary to my Mom and Dad! 












No comments:

Post a Comment