Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Animal Baby Shower Cookies

I love babies and I love cookies. I love making cookies for someone who is having a baby.  Some day when I have babies, I hope to make them cookies every day and then make cookies with them. Cookies and babies, this is my dream.

My sister's dear friend is having her first baby so I wanted to make a special batch of cookies for her shower. I heard the momma-to-be was craving coconut so I added some toasted coconut to my cookie dough. I made a vanilla/coconut batch and a chocolate/coconut batch.  It was a really nice addition that added a pleasant natural coconut flavor and a little chewy texture.

The design inspiration came direct from the cute shower invitation. Since the gender of the baby isn't known, they used an adorable baby animal theme.

I made onesies and scalloped circle cookies to show off the sweet baby faces of a monkey, giraffe, lion and tiger. I think baby animal cookies are the perfect storm of love.









Congratulations to the new parents-to-be. I can't wait to meet their sweet little nugget. I think I need to rest now, for I have baby fever. Don't tell Sweet Eddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment